This comprehensive check is performed by Australian Dyslexia Association Accredited MSL Specialist Educator, Samantha MacRae. The check can be done via Zoom or in-person with you and your child.
The check includes 5 assessments:
- Phonological Awareness Assessment
- Phoneme/Grapheme Knowledge Assessment
- Reading Skills (Decoding Assessment)
- Spelling Skills (Encoding Assessment)
- The Castles and Coltheart Test 2 to assess single-word reading, sounding-out ability and whole word recognition ability.
Once the check has been completed, you will receive a 5-page report detailing the findings and recommendations to help your child at school and home.